Friday, July 16, 2010

Dude, I'm Tired.

Last day in Uganda: Lunch with Boyetts. Successfully/accidentally locked myself in bathroom. Watched Madagascar. Packed. Ate a good meal. Jumped in a cab with Rachael, Josh, and a strange driver man.

Entebbe Airport: Huge long line. One hour delay. Loopy Rachael. Cranky Laura. Power outages. Very Africa.

Entebbe Flight: Watched Remember Me, got depressed, napped, watched Pocahontas, got considerably happier.

Amsterdam Airport: Followed Josh around. Bad move. More long lines. Rachael giggling uncontrollably.

Amsterdam Flight: Sat next to Rachael. Colored some pictures. Stared at an Ethiopian baby with HUUGE eyes. More uncontrollable laughter. I think at this point, ALL sense was gone...

Detroit Airport: OMG I CAN WEAR SHORTS NOW. MCDONALDS. AMERICA. AAAAHHHH.

Detroit Flight: Talked with a delightful man about his further delightful family. Kept making accidental references to Africa. Oops.

Atlanta Airport: Fought crowds to the baggage claim, where Grace was already leaning against a piece of my luggage.

With Grace: Listened to lots of loud music. Demanded to stop by Dairy Queen, where I finally got a blizzard. Had real salad for dinner. Wandered aimlessly around Target, amazed by its aroma. And now she's giving me more cooking lessons.

I plan on doing one more wrap up/this is what I learned blog, but considering the amount of sleep I'm running on, this will have to come in a week or so. America, however, is so far so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment