Saturday, May 8, 2010

Goodbye...or maybe hello?

This will be my last blog post in the U.S. I hope that's ok with everybody.

How do I feel? Super excited, super nervous, and super tired. Oh yes, and I am sick of packing. I'm almost of the frame of mind to jump on the plane in a carboard box and Chacos. I am also a little bit sad. This week has been one giant I-am-growing-up-and-life-moves-on moment. Oh well.

The essentials have been packed. I have two packs of baby wipes, lots of hand sanitizer, three cans of bug spray, a deck of Uno cards, a coloring book, poptarts---and a few other things. I am ARMED.

Itinerary for the next few days:

  • Get to Covenant at 5:00 on Sunday afternoon. Sleep there.
  • Go to the Chattanooga airport at 5:30 am the next morning. 
  • Chattanooga to Atlanta: 8:35-9:40am
  • Atlanta to Detroit: 10:55am-1:00pm
  • Detroit to Amsterdam: 5:40pm-7:35am 
  • Now it's Tuesday
  • Amsterdam to Entebbe (Uganda): 10:40am-7:30pm 
  • Stay at Dr. K's house for the night. Talk to some important people. Sleep...maybe.
  • Now it's Wednesday
  • Leave Dr. K's house and drive down to Mbarara. We made it!
Basically, I plan on being a zombie until Thursday. 

I want to thank everyone for their prayers and support. This whole trip has definitely been ordained by God, I have no doubt about it. Yes, I am going to miss everyone, especially if this leads me on the road to long-term missions one day, but lately I've been learning more about how short life is. It's full of sweet moments, but they are only moments. People come and go no matter how much I love them--but it's ok. I'll spend eternity with most of those people anyway and then I'll say, "I was making a fuss over not spending the summer with you? Why??" This internship is a gift, not a burden. I am privileged to be a vessel for God. 

---As long as nobody asks me to eat bugs. Then I'm not privileged. 

For all those who are afraid of not hearing from me, no worries. I should be able to check the internet regularly (as in every couple days), update my blog, post pictures on facebook, etc. I plan on sharing this trip with everybody, so if you want to keep up with me, it won't be hard. 

Goodbye America! I will miss Krispy Kreme the most!

1 comment:

  1. We're praying for you Laura.Hang in there and be the blessing God intends.

    ReplyDelete